Friday, July 2, 2010

We All Have Them...

I usually don't get into my family life too much on here, but I just felt the need to get this off my chest.

I have this cousin that I have always had issues with since we were kids.  As a kid she was annoying and a bit of a troublemaker.  Now that she's a mom herself...she's worse.

Not that she's a bad mom -- she's a very good mother, actually.  Too good to the point that she feels the need to dictate to everyone else how to take care of their kids.  For instance, as a prime example of this, one Easter my husband (then my boyfriend) and I brought his two kids (6 and 9 at the time, with the 9 year old in the process of being diagnosed with ADHD so he wasn't on medication yet) to my grandparents' house.  Well, we had to leave earlier than I planned -- primarily because this particular cousin had to come over to Doug and I while we were talking with my father and uncle to let us know that my grandfather had gotten mad at my stepdaughter for pouring Sprinte in the driveway, and telling Doug not to let his kids run around like "wild animals."

Anyway, like I said in the previous post today I'm having back issues.  Before we came up with the solution of calling my stepson to come down to help me out since he was home from school, I dind't know what I was going to do -- I couldn't lift my son out of or into his crib, or even lift him in general.  I felt like I needed someone here with me to help me out since I really couldn't do much.  So I posted this status update on Facebook:

I am in SO much pain right now! My back is still hurting from yesterday and my feet are hurting. And Doug has to go in to work, so I can't get any help from him for the rest of the day after he goes in to work.

Well, along with a friend and my sister in law giving me some encouragement, my cousin decides to post something, as well.  I didn't save it because I found it counterproductive, but basically she felt the need to one-up me on ailments by listing everyone she has and adding "...and I have three kids to take care of!"

Like I said, I deleted them.  Then I promptly sent a message to my sister-in-law about how much I hate her sometimes.

I don't particularly like her as a person.  Stuff like this is the reason why.  If she weren't my cousin I would "unfriend" her because she feels the need to make her own little snide commentary if I'm having an "off" day.

And that's my vent for today.

No comments:

Advertisement -- PeopleString