(H/T Newsbusters)
I was going to post this yesterday, but I got caught up watching the Jason Beghe interview so I could post my thoughts on it.
This one is less tenuous than that of Tony Rezko or Bill Ayers, but still shows what kind of people Obama chooses to associate himself with. Larry Lessig, Obama's technology advisor, has proven himself to be a religious bigot.
At a talk with Google employees, part of his demonstration included introducing a video titled "Jesus: The Musical." In the video, "Jesus" is singing to the song "I Will Survive" while dancing around downtown Los Angeles, ripping off his robe in the beginning to be dancing around in some diaper thing before he is eventually hit by a bus.
I am not making this up.
Lessig tries to assure his audience that he is alive in the sequel. Well, that makes it alright then!
Not only that, he is a self-described "digital communist" -- that there is no such thing as personoal property and that all art is free for the taking.
Where does Obama find these people? You would think that someone calling themselves a "Christian" would have looked into his background before bringing the man into his campaign.

5 comments:
lori: hello. i recently commented a couple times on your youtube review of expelled and followed your link to your blog.
i subscribed to your feed and this is the first one that i have read.
i have a thought.
i am wondering if it is helpful to challenge another human's profession of being a jesus-follower. you might not be impressed with obama, but can you really judge his heart. i know the fruit inspection practices that we often appeal to, and that is often used as grounds to question people's hearts, but i don't think you or i would want people challenging the condition of our hearts based on what they think is our "fruit".
just a thought. i am open to processing it further with you.
take care,
rob
I'm not usually of the school of judging what's inside someone's heart. But I do believe that "actions speak louder than words."
If you read other posts in the blog, you'll note that I've had issues with other associations that Obama has been discovered to have over the past several months. A pastor who doesn't act very Christian by his actions. A terrorist. A man who's on trial for taking kickbacks.
So, just from his associations, he's not acting Christian in my eyes. He should be distancing himself from all these people. But he isn't, and they are going to be the doom of his campaign.
lori: thanks for the response. i get the concept of noticing when it appears that someone appears to fall short of looking like jesus. i think i was just taken aback by seeing you refer to obama's faith profession in quotation marks. i am guessing than you would not like someone to write that about you. i understand you not being impressed by obama. i know a lot of people have found grounds to be disappointed in him.
it is possible that you are right regarding his associations dooming his bid for office.
would you like to see him change? would you ever be comfortable voting for a democrat?
thanks again,
rob
I have voted for a Democrat locally. Our current governor is a Democrat, and I voted for him twice. First time was a protest vote because I was less than impressed by the Republican who was in office at the time. Second time was, "Well, he's not doing a bad job. I'll vote for him again."
No one in this campaign impresses me. Even McCain falls short of some markers that I wish he were a little stronger on. This election cycle is a "lesser of two evils" election, so that's why I intend to vote for McCain.
lori: sounds like a plan. i hope you won't judge me too harshly when i confess to you that obama still has my vote.
grace and peace,
rob
Post a Comment