Well, since I live in Franklin, I kind of have to write about this.
I'm including the map so you can see the proximity of all of this from where I am as I'm telling this story. Click on the locations.
View Meth Lab Location in a larger map
Before the papers reported it, I was downtown with my son getting him a haircut. The barber got a call on her cell phone -- it was apparently from a friend of hers to tell her about DEA agents at a house downtown. By the time Christopher's haircut was done, she got another call saying the place was on fire.
I almost went to go see, but decided that since my son wasn't too happy that I would bring him home. Just as I passed the post office, I could smell the smoke coming from the fire. By the time I got in front of my house, I could see one of my neighbors just at the top of the hill trying to check out what was going on (you couldn't see anything from there -- too many trees). Of course, the first thing I did when I got home was called my former bosses at The Citizen to see if they knew about this development.
So I kept my eye out online as to what was going on. This is one of the write-ups. Then another concern hit me -- Doug was going to have to take an alternate route home if they were still cleaning up by the time he got out of work, and I had class last night.
So this was an interesting e-mail I had to write to my professor: "I might be late for class because my husband may be delayed due to the fact that a meth lab blew up not too far from my house."
Luckily, the mess was cleaned up by the time Doug left for home. As soon as he arrived, he asked me about the fire. As soon as I told him what happened, he couldn't hold back his laughter.
Later that night, they released pictures of the suspects. Turned out we were familiar with one of them -- he worked at the Cumberland Farms down the street from us.
So basically, my day yesterday dealt with me being in my own personal lock down and wondering if I was going to make it to class last night or not because some dumbass decided to set his apartment on fire with a meth lab.
Lovely.

No comments:
Post a Comment