"I was in the stirrups and I had a big long scratch on my thigh from my cat. My gyno said, 'What happened here?' I said, 'My cat scratched me.' And he said, 'Riiiiiight.'"
Zoe, 25, Chicago
"I got a 'That's weird' once from a guy gyno. It was regarding an irregular period. It probably doesn't need to be said that I would have preferred a more clinical opinion than that."
Claire, 29, Chicago
"My gynecologist is a very nice man with a ponytail. One time I was there seeing him for nothing serious—I told him I had some discomfort and he gave me some medication. He said to take it for a week, and then told me that I should be able to have sexual activity again by next weekend. I said, 'I don't think I'll be having sexual activity again next weekend.' He said, 'I dunno, you might get lucky.'"
Jessica, 28, New York
The most I can tell you about my OB/GYN is that he tends to hum while doing the exam.
But one of the funnier appointments I had was when I first went to my OB/GYN for my first baby appointment. The nurse I was giving my information to asked if my husband was the baby's father. I thought that was an odd question until she told me the story of one woman who had mentioned that the baby's father was not her husband to her, and another occasion where a woman came into the office with two men. When the nurse asked who the father was, they both replied, "I am!" She saw the woman kind of shake her head, and she asked the woman to go out and get a urine sample. She cornered the woman outside, and asked her what was going on. Her response: "I don't know if the father is either of them. It could be one of five guys."

No comments:
Post a Comment